Role: Full Time, Permanent.
Work Pattern: 40 hour week over 5 days
Location: Kill, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Salary: Starting at €40,000, Commensurate with Experience/Qualifications
We are looking to add an experienced head brewer whose ambition is to produce high quality beer, with a positive work ethic and a creative and proactive approach to their work. The successful applicant will be joining a small team that works closely together to ensure production targets are met with an emphasis on safety, quality, and efficiency. The focal point of this role will be overseeing all brewing processes, including raw material selection, recipe formulation, production schedules, troubleshooting, equipment maintenance, and finished product quality assurance/quality control procedures. Working with the wider team to ensure the smooth running of the brewery, with beer quality front and centre. The successful candidate will be given in-depth introduction to all equipment on-site, with continual support to achieve the common goals of the team.
Trouble Brewing is a 100% Irish-owned and independent brewery, located in Kill, Co Kildare. Everything we do is driven by the desire to produce the highest quality, best tasting beer for our fellow beer lovers.
When we started making beer thirteen years ago, there were less than ten craft breweries in Ireland. From the get-go we set ourselves apart by brewing styles that no one else was producing. We were also at the forefront of bringing the east coast pale ale style to these shores and we continue to push the boundaries with new styles. We mainly brew hop forward, session beers to be enjoyed by all, but we’re always happy to experiment — only a few ideas are too dumb.
All our beers are brewed with water from our own well and Irish malt — arguably the best in the world — forms the base of all our beers. We work with a number of partners to source the best and most interesting hops from around the world.
- Responsible for all aspects of the beer production process and day-to-day operations of the brewery.
- Maintain the highest level of product quality and consistency.
- New recipe development
- Selection of raw materials & inventory control
- Ability to work in a safe manner and ensure the safety of you and others is not compromised.
- Operation and maintenance of and cleaning of all packaging equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of data logging and record keeping.
- Work & adapt to achieve production schedule to ensure that beer is produced as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Proactive approach to process problem solving & be open minded to implementing new techniques and ways of working.
- Ensure safety, quality and efficiency are a priority in all operations
- Brewing area hygiene & general housekeeping.
- Communicate and work openly and honestly with immediate team and the wider business.
- Monitoring of stock levels of key packaging materials.
- Represent Trouble Brewing at events (both internal & external)
- Highly motivated, self-starting with a desire to continuously improve process knowledge and experience.
- Have a flexible approach to the working day. We are a small business that needs to react to the needs of the business.
- Have a creative and responsible approach to process improvement to reduce losses/down time and continuously improve product quality.
- Proactive approach to daily & weekly work schedule to identify opportunities to work more efficiently.
- 3+ years experience in a similar technical environment operating machinery with an ability to learn new processes.
- A combination of the below is an advantage but having all is not
- A relevant technical qualification.
- Technical qualification in science/engineering or similar.
- Experience within a food hygiene environment.
- Experience with automated systems.
- Experience running canning/bottling/kegging lines.
- Forklift Licence, working at height, manual handling.
- 20 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays.
- Monthly staff beer allowance.
- Staff discount on beer.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23rd.